Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
Shri Shivraj Singh Chouhan
The Hon’ble Chief Minister
- Date of Birth: 05 March 1959
- Birth Place: Jait, Sehore, Madhya Pradesh
- Political Party: Bharatiya Janata Party
- Father’s Name: Prem Singh Chouhan
- Mother’s Name: Sundar Bai Chouhan
- Spouse Name: Sadhana Singh
- Children: karthikeyChouhan and KunalChouhan
Shivraj Singh Chouhanwas born on March 5, 1959, into a middle-class farmer’s family of Shri Prem Singh Chouhan and Smt. Sundar Bai Chouhan at village Jait in Sehore district of central Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. He is the present Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh State and also Indian Politician &Agriculturist.He is a member of Bharatiya Janata Party.Previouslyhe has served as its general secretary and as president of Madhya Pradesh state. He joined the RashtriyaSwayamsevakSangh in 1972, as a 13-year-old. He has been a five-time Member of Parliament, representing Vidisha in the Lok Sabha since 1991. He is famous as ‘bhai, beta and mama’ among the people of Madhya Pradesh.He has won recognition as a strong leader by the opposition party because of his dedicated service.
- 1972: Joined the RashtriyaSwayamsewakSangh
- 1975: President of Students’ Union of Model Higher Secondary School
- 1976: Participated in movement against Emergency
- 1978: Organizing secretary of A.B.V.P.
- 1978: Joint secretary of A.B.V.P.
- 1980: General secretary of A.B.V.P.
- 1982: Member of National Executive at A.B.V.P.
- 1984: Joint secretary of Bhartiya Janata YuvaMorcha
- 1985: General secretary of Bhartiya Janata YuvaMorcha
- 1988: President of the Bhartiya Janata YuvaMorcha
- 1990: Elected to the State Assembly from Budni Constituency
- 1991: Convener of ABVP
- 1991, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2004: Elected a Member of Parliament
- 1992: General Secretary of BJP, Madhya Pradesh
- 1993: Member of Consultative Committee on Labor and Welfare
- 1994: Member of Hindi SalahkarSamiti
- 1996: Member of Committee on Urban and Rural Development
- 1997: Member of Committee on Urban and Rural Development
- 1997: General Secretary of B.J.P., MP
- 1998: Member of Committee on Urban and Rural Development and its Sub-Committee on Ministry of Rural Areas and Employment
- 1999: Member of Committee on Agriculture
- 1999: Member of Committee on Public Undertakings
- 2000: National President of YuvaMorcha
- 2000: Chairman of House Committee and National Secretary, BJP
- 2005, 2009, 2014: Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh